Search This Blog

Sulwhasoo
AMOREPACIFIC CORPORATION

Thursday, February 18, 2016

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

So I bought in the hype on this cultish beauty product from Japan.  It's used by all the beautiful celebrities in Asia as well as US (my fave being Cate Blanchett - talk about flawless face!).  I've been following this brand for a while and trying out the duty-free samples as often as I can.  When I saw that there was a good deal on Virgin Atlantic sky mall, I took the plunge and bought a full bottle. 

Directions: you can either use a cotton pad but I learned from the saleslady to use my palms so that my hands can benefit as well.  Put some essence onto your palm (or cotton pad) and pad softly onto face. I usually start with my forehead since that's where I need the most help.

I started using this product since early November and although there's been no dramatic changes, I do find that my face is less oily (I have combination skin) and pores on my cheek area are getting a bit smaller.  The wrinkles on my forehead hasn't gone away but maybe it takes time.  I'm 3 months into the product and have only used a 1/4 of the bottle so one bottle can last a while (as it should since it's so expensive).  The smell is a bit funky, it reminds of fermentation; which makes sense since the essence is made from rice fermentation process.  The smell can last a while on the skin so make sure your emulsion, moisturizer and/or suntan lotion will mask the smell.

Overall I'm happy with the product for now.  I'll wait until I get to the end of the bottle to report whether I like it enough to buy another expensive bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment